Who We Help
Supporting Elmira and Surrounding Communities
Since its inception, all proceeds from the Festival are returned to the community, to both charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
Would you like support from
the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival?
Are you a charitable or not-for-profit organization in Waterloo Region? Could your organization benefit from a financial leg up to continue your good work? Grant applications may be submitted until February 28th, 2023.
Fill in the application form below and a committee member will be in touch with you soon.
In 2001, the Festival was the proud recipient of the Outstanding Philanthropic Action award from the Foundation for Rural Living. At the completion of the 2015 Festival, the total monies raised for these community groups surpassed the 1.6 million dollar mark.
Many local community agencies and services are supported because of the hard work and contributions of our many sponsors and volunteers. Thank you for your continued commitment to the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival.
Traditionally, 40% of the profits are allocated annually to Elmira District Association for Community Living with the remaining amounts shared among selected organizations.
Festival Profits Support Local Organizations
- Elmira District Community Living
- 1st Elmira Scout Group
- Community Care Concepts
- Friends of Guiding
- Kiwanis Transit
- Maple Syrup Museum of Ontario
- YWCA of KW
- Woolwich Community Services
- Woolwich Counselling Services
- Child Witness Centre
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Region of Waterloo Library
- Elmira Theatre Company
- Elmira Community Nursery School
- St. Teresa of Avila School Council
- John Mahood Public School Parent Council
- Pride Stables – CODRP
- Riverside Public School Parent Council
- Woolwich Sledge Hockey
- Strong Start Charitable Organization
- Youth Outdoors Day
- Woolwich Sun Rays Special Hockey Club
- Transition Guelph – Urban Sugaring Project
- Park Manor Public School
- KidsAbility Centre for Child Development
- Independent Living Centre of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Wave Swim Team
- Street Ministering Hot Dog People in Kitchener